A working adults biggest fear is being laid off from their job and no longer being able to support their family. The unemployment rates keep soaring and finding new jobs have become more difficult. A prepared person knows that one way to ensure finding a job after a layoff is by continuing their education and keeping their skills up-to-date. Adult learning and training programs offer courses available for training or retraining in all different types of fields thus developing new job skills and allowing the adult student to start a whole new exciting career.
One way a working adult can still maintain a job, family, and house while attending school is via the current educational trend called e-learning. E-learning is defined as just-in-time instructional learning with course offerings include online learning, web-based training, and hybrid learning, E-learning is not right for everyone, but could it be the right fit for you?
Are you a good candidate for e-learning, ask yourself the following questions:
1. What are my computer skills? E-learning requires the student to be comfortable using basic word processing, multi-media equipment, the internet, and email.
2. Will I have access to a computer 24/7? Web-based computer learning requires a student to have access to a computer to participate in class, complete assignments, communicate through email or chat, and research topics via the internet.
3. Do I have excellent time management skills? E-learning requires students to manage their time and complete all assignments within their deadlines.
4. Are my written communication skills strong? Since courses are taken in an online format, the student needs good written communications skills to express ideas, answer questions, and comment to other students posts.
5. Am I flexible? E-learners need to be able to learn without face to face interaction, complete assignments independently, and devote sufficient time for online studies.
Congratulations if you answered yes to all of the above questions. You are ideally suited for online learning and a perfect candidate for the e-learning experience.